In conjunction with the Summer Reading Theme “Imagine Your Story”, the Salem-South Lyon District Library is hosting a summer photo contest! Share your summer story through photography. Review our guidelines below and good luck! Thank you to the Camera Mall in Ann Arbor
for helping sponsor the contest.
1. Submissions must be received via email to email@example.com between July 1st and July 31st.
2. Each photographer is allowed to submit up to five photos.
3. There will be a $1 entry fee for each photo submitted. Payments can be made in person, by mail to Photo Contest, 9800 Pontiac Trail, South Lyon, MI 48178, or by placing payments in our building’s book return drop box. No change will be provided, and payments must be in an envelope clearly marked with “Photo Contest” along with the name of the photographer(s).
4. Pictures must be saved with the last name of the photographer and the name of the photo in the file name. The Text of the emails should also clearly identify the photographer, whether they are youth or adult category, provide a contact phone number and email, and the name of the photo(s).
5. Photos should not be altered beyond minimal color correction, such as fixing red eye.
6. Participants submitting photos including people should have written permission from the person/people being photographed if they are identifiable in the photo. Crowd shots from public events and/or spaces are allowed.
7. Photographers retain all rights to their photos. The Library reserves the right to use submitted photos on social media for voting and publicity purposes.
8. Photos will be posted on our Facebook page by Monday August 3rd. Voting will take place between August 3rd and August 14th.
9. Contestants will be allowed to share the album with friends, family, and followers and encourage others to vote, but will not be allowed to identify which picture is theirs.
10. Winners will be announced on August 15th.
11. The top three vote getters in both youth and adult categories will be printed by Camera Mall in Ann Arbor as 8 x 10 prints and displayed in the library for one month after the library is open to the public. Photographers will be able to take their prints home after the display ends.
12. Cell phone and iPad photos printed as 8 x 10 prints can sometimes become heavily pixelated or fuzzy. The Library and Camera Mall are not responsible for the quality of the photo due to pixilation or other enlargement issues.
13. The content of the photos must be appropriate for all audiences. The Library reserves the right to refund entry fees and not include submissions that are deemed inappropriate for all audiences.
Click for more details ...